[mythtvnz] Front-end hardware

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Sun May 3 10:44:40 BST 2009

On 2/5/09 1:06 PM, Russ McMullan wrote:

>     - I'm thinking of using the AppleTV but it is a bit steep at $500, but
>     supports HD, has a remote, HDMI, wireless.

Is this going to run MythTV under OS X, or are you going to reboot into
Linux when you want to use MythTV (or just leave permanently booted in
Linux)?

It's just that you can't change aspect ratio at all under OS X with 0.21
or earlier.  I don't know about 0.22.

Also you might want to up your budget to include a universal remote as
the Apple Remote has only 6 buttons (12 functions if you include long
presses - which are a pain to actually use)

  - Wade