[mythtvnz] PVR-150

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun May 3 05:41:50 BST 2009

On Sun, 03 May 2009 16:19:25 +1200, you wrote:

>Steven Ellis wrote:
>>
>> On 3/05/2009, at 1:38 PM, Daniel Faulknor wrote:
>>> Does anyone have a PVR-150 they want to sell? I've decided ive had
>>> enough of my bt878 cards, and am gonna go with what i know works.
>>> I dont care if i dont get the remote and ir reciever/blaster.
>>>

>> I have a PVR-500 i'm willing to sell if you want a dual tuner.
>
>Definitely worth considering - a PVR500 is basically two PVR150 on the
>same PCI card.  There is also an on-board aerial signal splitter so you
>only need one aerial cable.
>
>Both tuners can be used at the same time btw.

The downside is that there seems to be a little crosstalk between the
tuners, so under the wrong signal conditions, you can get ghosts of
what is on the other tuner showing up.  You also want one of the older
versions with the Philips tuner cans.  The later (Samsung?) tuners are
crap.  I had to send a later one I bought back as it was giving awful
picture quality, but fortunately I found an older one going on
TradeMe.