[mythtvnz] Minimum CPU for FreeviewHD

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Sun May 3 02:25:39 BST 2009

Hello,

Two questions:
1) The new ffmpeg-mt, as I understand it, only works if the H.264 is
encoded in slices.  Is FreeviewHD recorded in slices?
2) Is anyone decoding FreeviewHD in software and, if so, what CPU do you
have?  I am trying to get a gauge on minimum CPU requirements.  I'm
trying to decide whether, with the ffmpeg-mt branch, I could get away
with a decent dual-core, or whether I would need at least three.

Please don't reply with a hundred emails telling me to use VDPAU on
nVidia!  I don't use proprietary drivers unless I'm backed into a corner.

Regards,

Aaron