[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 20, Issue 48

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Fri May 1 09:17:59 BST 2009

Hi David,
> Anyone wanting to use XBMC to playback Freeview|HD content will need
> to apply a patch that I created for XBMC using the great LATM AAC work
> that Paul Kendall has done. http://xbmc.org/trac/ticket/5481

I just downloaded and installed XBMC (first time I'd heard of it).  I
got it connected to my myth backend which seems to work alright except
for the sound.  I see you've ported Paul's patch over to XBMC with the
above link.  Problem is I went with a SVN build as I wanted to try the
Mythbox funtionality (actually I upgraded it using the updater).  Is
there an easy way to tell what version of ffmpeg I've got and whether
your patch will work (I don't want to wreck it although it wouldn't be
that hard to fix I suppose)?

Ross