[mythtvnz] DVB-T mux A errors

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Mar 29 21:25:31 BST 2009

On 30/03/2009, at 8:55 AM, Steve V wrote:

> I think it happened because the first time I scanned for channels I
> hadn't turned on the LNA (Low Noise Amplifier?) for the NOVA-T 500.
> Without the LNA active the other 2 muxes tune in fine but Mux A does
> not. I am guessing that this put corrupt info into the database and
> subsequent retries will not overwrite the old info - just a guess.
>
> It will be interesting to see if manually changing the data in the
> database will fix the problem - I really don't want to rebuild it
> again.

I recommend deleting all of your DVB multiplexes from the Transport
Editor, and then searching channels on each one manually. As you
perform each search re-enter the Transport Editor screen screen to
make sure that the correct values have been loaded for each multiplec.

This is a reference for DVB-S but should apply for DVB-T

http://support.mypvr.co.nz/mypvr/?page_id=24

I've found in auckland that MythTV sometimes puts the  wrong
information in the database.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited