[mythtvnz] HDHomerun - VLC on Linux - Yes - well sort of!

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Mar 28 08:18:02 GMT 2009

Hi Jean-Yves
With a great deal of respect, if I may, the problem I have is it is a single core CPU!
It is a hyperthreaded 3000 intel, however I understood hyperthreading was a Redmond thing and yet to come in Linux?
Can you clarify the percentages any further?

> I do not understand why CPU is 54.4% and VLC 110%CPU - which is it?!

Just the way linux reports it ...
the main CPU usage accounts for all the CPUs, why when it comes to
individual process it adds the usage between CPU.

So 55% sounds about right.
100% on one core, 10% on the other. 55% average