[mythtvnz] Technisat remote

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Thu Mar 19 09:18:41 GMT 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:54:53 +1300
Spider <mythtv at spides.co.nz> wrote:

> I decided to take up the cheap offer of the Technisat remote offered
> earlier this month and have received said remote -  thanks. :-)
>
> Only trouble is I thought it would be a little simpler to install.
> Have followed the tutorial at;
>
> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/mythtv-articles/installation-of-technisat-skystar-2-dvb-s-with-serial-remote-into-mythbuntu-710/
>
> but I'm reluctant to edit too much on my system that currently works
> without the remote!
>
> I have modified the remote (for me the easy part)
> I have installed lirc, no problem there...
> irrecord doesn't do anything, but have created the file from the page,
> so no biggie there...
>
> now I've assumed that the configuration of the remote differers a little
> from the posted tutorial (probably incorrectly) and have used the custom
> option in the remote setup and added my conf file in there.
>
> I'm picking this is my error, but like I said I'm not willing to bust my
> system since it's also my main PC as well as the myth back and front end
> (until a decent atom motherboard is released).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

if you're not getting anything from  irrecord, then there's something basic not running. It's not a problem copying the config, but you must get some response from irrecord just to confirm that the remote's being recognised. There is another version of this that uses a USB dongle... you haven't got one of those have you??

hth,

Steve Holdoway <steve at greengecko.co.nz>