[mythtvnz] Mini-itx vdpau motherboards?

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Wed Mar 18 04:20:23 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 16:11 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> Having failed to find easy access to a PCI vdpau capable video card in
> NZ I though an alternative might be to find a mini-itx sized vdpau
> compatible motherboard, ie with onboard nVidia graphics.
>
> Rather than spend more hours searching for the grail, can anyone point
> out such a motherboard from a NZ retailer (online or in ChCh).
>
> Frontend only so provided it has the requisite video card onboard
> there is no need for any PCI[e] slots.
>
> I will be connecting it to a flat panel 720p TV with VGA or HDMI. HDMI
> with sound out would be nice but not essential.

The wholesalers in NZ sell the Intel Atom Processor Motherboards
(D945GCLF) at a reasonable cost.

http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/D945GCLF2-D945GCLF2D/D945GCLF2-D945GCLF2D-overview.htm

Anyone who gets stuff from Tech Pacific/Ingram Micro should be able to
get them.

Then you have to find a PCI vdpau card... I would love if someone knew
what would work. I cannot find one myself.

Thanks