[mythtvnz] What are you using for remote admin with Mythbuntu 8.10 (Intrepid)?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 22:34:40 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Jonathan Hoskin <jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Sorry I probably should have said - "IMHO you shouldn't ever need vnc *for
> remote admin*".
>

>> How do you do persistent sessions with X forwarding?
>

> Could you clarify what that means to you?

I like to be able to leave applications open between remote sessions. It
allows me to move from one remote machine to another. Basically I want it to
work the same way Remote Desktop works under Windows. Vnc isn't the easiest
to configure or maintain so I'd be happy to move to X forwarding if it can
be made to work that way. Though I suppose I'd still want to use vnc to
control the Myth frontend...

Cheers,