[mythtvnz] 180.37 & Mythbuntu 9.04 aplha 5 + Jean-Yves VDPAU support - update

Douglas Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Thu Mar 12 21:25:13 GMT 2009

Update: Patching the kernel and building a custom kernel did not solve the problems (noting that they are not VDPAU issues, nor issues with Jean-Yves great work!).

I reverted back to the current one kernel and disabled the IR for the Nova T-500 and viola, the problems went away! I have since installed a www.iguanaworks.net[1] usb IR receiver and 4 channel ir blaster and created a custom reomte config for the remote that comes with the NOVA T-500 and it works nicely.

Cheers Douglas.

Quoting "Douglas Pearless" <Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz>:

> The bug I am referring to is:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.24.y.git;a=commitdiff;h=5475187c2752adcc6d789592b5f68c81c39e5a81;hp=1b52961e49f8b7293b52826c7e12a689d516fe18
>
> which gives me "dvb-usb: could not submit URB no. 0 - get them all back" errors
>

> I am patching the kernel file manually and building a new kernel to see if this improves the errors (tonight).
>

> I also notice this bug which does not appear to be fixed in the latest kernel either:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/115284
>
> The above one seems to cause the "mt2060 I2C read failed" errors.
>

> I am using Ubuntu 2.6.28-9.29-generic
>

> Cheers
>
> Douglas.
>

> Quoting "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard at gmail.com>: Hi
>
> 2009/3/8 Douglas Pearless <Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz[2]>
> Rather impressive, however I note there is (still) a VDPAU bug (cannot
> recall the bud #) which causes the screen to freeze and eventually the
> backend + frontend log files fill up the hard disk and crash!  If NVIDIA
> can fix that, them I would be happy!

What bug ?

The only thing I found that locks the frontend is if you have activated realtime thread in mythfrontend.

Make sure it is disabled.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.iguanaworks.net