[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.21 and VDPAU

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Mar 12 06:45:16 GMT 2009

On 12/03/2009, at 12:53 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/3/12 Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>
>
> Sadly it looks like a G86 core in this one
>
> A way to tell before you buy, is looking at the speed of the card on
> the box of the 8400.
> If it show 450MHz it's a G86
>
> If it shows more than 650MHz, then it's the G98

Ok well I tried the following de-interlacers on my G86 Core

Advanced 1x - 1080i simply won't play but 720p workd
Temporal 1x - 1080i is a lot smoother than Temporal 2x, with less
tearing, but 720p sometimes has jerky audio.

Still some stability issues with lots of front end crashes when
changing channels on LiveTV.

I'll try and sort our a 720p jerky audio sample for further testing.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz