[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.21 and VDPAU

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Mar 11 09:10:22 GMT 2009

I've done an updated write up at

http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/2009/03/11/vdpau-and-mythtv-021/

Mostly good, especially as I now have a sample that can reproduce most
of the audio stutter issues.

Seriously impressed how good Underbelly looked tonight on TV3 in full
HD, but sadly the video tearing started to drive me a bit crazy.

I'd love to compare notes on xorg.conf and playback profile settings
for the best output.

I currently have
  Decoder VDPAU
  Max CPUs = 1
  Video Render = vdpau
  OSD = vdpau
  Primary Deinterlacer = Temporal (2x, Hw)

Need to take a better look at the stability issues as the number of
crashes when doing basic channel surfing is a lot higher than with DTH
freeview service.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited