[mythtvnz] 180.37 & Mythbuntu 9.04 aplha 5 + Jean-Yves VDPAU support

Douglas Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Sun Mar 8 08:24:48 GMT 2009

After a hard disk crash, I decided to try 180.37 & Mythbuntu 9.04 aplha
5 + Jean-Yves (et al) enabling VDPAU support.

Rather impressive, however I note there is (still) a VDPAU bug (cannot
recall the bud #) which causes the screen to freeze and eventually the
backend + frontend log files fill up the hard disk and crash!  If NVIDIA
can fix that, them I would be happy!
Not ready for WAF trials!

I am going to try and add a PVR-500 to get the non-DVB-T channels over
UHF (especially Prime).

I will need to get an XML grabber for NZ, has anyone tried the mythkiwi
panel (www.mythkiwi.com) and DVB-T to set things up??

recommendations?

Cheers
Douglas.