[mythtvnz] Sky->smart card reader->MythTV ???

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Mar 1 05:40:03 GMT 2009

On 1/03/2009, at 10:26 AM, Kenneth Dixon wrote:

> The last thing I want to do is cause anyone grief.
> However it seems to me this technique is about as illegal as
> watching a DVD on a Linux system which is also circumventing
> the protection measures. I don't think anybody would have
> any qualms about giving somebody advice on getting DVD's
> working on their MythTV box.

Afraid under the new law we can't provide you with that information,
for more details please refer to your MP :(

> Anyways I will try and document any successes and make it
> available to the public somehow for those interested.

As a number of others will say, these portions of the new law have yet
to be tested in court, the question is does anyone here volunteer to
be the test case?

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz