[mythtvnz] MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 00:33:07 BST 2009

Hi

2009/6/29 Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>:
> I installed the new version this morning, and sure enough it fixes all
> problems I was having on TV1 and TV2 720p channels with visual
> corruption. Fantastic, many thanks for providing this! I will do some
> more testing of this for a longer period tonight.

Great to know

> My theory, and would be interested in hearing whether this is possible,
> has been that the frontend is timing out waiting for the live tv
> recording to appear rather than it actually being a video problem. I

This is possible.

the backend tells the frontend the name of the recording file, then
mythfrontend waits for that video to be available.
mythbackend needs to tune the channel and starts recording for a few
seconds before mythfrontend starts.

Mythfrontend only waits for a specific time, though this is quite
long. It waits 4s, try again, waits again etc... Then will timeout and
give out the error you're seeing.

With recordings, the file already exists so this isn't an issue.

> noticed that coinciding with this appearing for the first time a few
> weeks ago, it suddenly took a REALLY long time for the HD channel to
> come up on the odd occasion that it does work. Maybe scheduled recorded
> tv doesn't have any timeout, and this is why these work fine? The
> channel eventually would play on livetv too, but the frontend has
> already timed out at this point? Would this explain the errors in Ross's
> logs?

Did you have this issue before you had installed 0.21.5 or with stock
mythtv 0.21-fixes ?

Jean-Yves