[mythtvnz] Losing sound when processing mpg files

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 04:43:12 BST 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Scott Newton<scottn at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> Generally I process any MythTV files on my local computer rather than using
> Myth Archive as I find it easier. After searching the web I have come up with
> the following process which I use to process the files:
> 1. Run the file throught projectx.sh -demux to resync the video and audio.
> 2. Run mplex -f 8 over the output files from 1 to put them back together
> again.
> 3. Use Avidemux 2.4.4 to edit the file and produce the final output file using
> DVD(lavac - two pass - video size) for Video and Copy for Audio .
>
> However, on the odd occasion, the output file from avidemux will lose the
> sound at one of the edit points and the rest of the file from there on will be
> silent.
>
> I have three questions which if anyone knows the answer would be much
> appreciated:
> 1. Why does this happen?

dunno, but I believe you are better to cut before you use avidemux.
You can do that in projectx, but see below for IMHO a better way. By
the way there is no need to use mplex. If you want to continue with
projectx you can load the video file into avidemux, then load the
external video file.

dvbcut (http://dvbcut.sf.net) then avidemux. dvbcut is a great app!