[mythtvnz] How do I record analog widescreen?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 04:47:05 BST 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 2:11 PM, graeme <graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> I have a Telstra set top box and want to record 16:9 widescreen using
> its composite input into a PVR150.
> Using the 16:9 setting in the mpeg2 recording profiles gets me 16:9 but
> the sides of the screen are still chopped off.  I know this because when
> I recorded a rugby test part of the sky watermark was missing off the
> side of the screen.
>
> What do I have to change to get the PVR150 to correctly record
> widescreen transmissions?

Nothing. There is no difference between an SD widescreen signal and an SD
4:3 signal. The PVR150 doesn't know or care whether the signal is widescreen
or 4:3. So either your setbox is set to crop the edges (make sure it's set
to output to a widescreen TV) or your aspect ratio settings in MythTV aren't
right. Try playing with the options in the OSD menu while watching a
widescreen recording.

Cheers,