[mythtvnz] atoms and ions

Brett Miller blmiller at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Jun 19 11:16:42 BST 2009

>> I see hads has managed to import some ion-based atom-powered boards.
>>
>> https://nicegear.co.nz/zotac/
>>
>> Only need a molex power connection too. No idea about cases but could
>> probably fit this inside a shoe box.
>>
>> And its passively cooled too.
>>

>> --
>> Criggie
>>
> >http://criggie.dyndns.org/
>
>But is it of any use to us in NZ yet? At this popint my understanding is
>that Myth's VDPAU does not work well with our 720p >channels. I am hoping
>that this problem will be resolved soon.>
>
>Has anyone achieved very good decoding using VDPAU for TV One and TV2?
>
>For me TV3 is great with VDPAU, but the 720p channels require VDPAU off and
>the decoding done by the CPU. I expect >event the dual atom could not
>decode our 720p on the CPU.

Steve

Never had any problems with 720p playback with VDPAU.
Using 1x hardware deinterlace setting but upscaling to 1080i60 to screen so
pointless ??
Worked okay from the first offering (3 months ago).
Almost perfect video on all channel recordings but not live. (nvidia-180.60
& mythtv fixes repos)
TV1 video playback is very very good.
Better than any LCD display except for the latest  maybe..

Last night recorded TV 1, 2 & 3 from 9 to 9:30.
15 seconds later could watch any of the 3 recordings no problem except audio
is junked.

LiveTV does not work (for me) since the nvidia 185.xx versions of JYA repos.
Audio is broken except for AC3 (s/pdif output) and that is not perfect.
Previous 180.44 build from JYA was very good.

The audio playback was perfect couple months ago.
Could be ubuntu updates that broke this operation, it broke the LCDProc
again.

Three steps forward, two & half steps back...

Regards,
Brett