[mythtvnz] atoms and ions

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Fri Jun 19 03:28:44 BST 2009

I hope it's not too commercial to post in this thread but I'd like to
answer questions if possible. Please do let me know if anyone isn't
happy with this.

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 14:13 +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:
> I wonder if a Minibox - PW-200-M PSU powered from an external 12v
> brick
>    http://www.itx.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=231
> will power it correctly. I'm using one on my Via Epia SP13000 OK.
>
> Or maybe there is a PSU that takes a standard (hence cheap) laptop
> 19volt
> brick that will substitute for the onboard Zotac version.

That PSU Should be fine. The boards themselves are 20-25W.

There are a couple of other Zotac boards which come with an onboard
DC-DC converter and 19V/90W power brick. We can bring these in if
there's interest but I figured that since most cases come with a PSU
that these models would be useful to start with. We also need to source
NZ/AU plugs for the power bricks which makes them more tricky.

We should have a good little case with PSU to go with them real soon.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier