[mythtvnz] Welcome to the "mythtvnz" mailing list

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 23:13:01 BST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:53 AM, LEGGE, GAVIN
(GAVIN)<legge at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> My card is 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x] (rev a2) according to lspci (it's an AGP card of course 8x speed)
> I'm thinking this card will be to old for all but purevideo.

Certainly is too old for vdpau. You need a 8xxx or 9xxx series card to
do vdpau. If you look at the archives for this mailing list and the
mythtv-users mailing list there are plenty of discussions on what are
the best cards to get.

Also none of those cards seem to be available in AGP versions - you
need pci-e or plain pci (and the plain pci aren't that plentiful
either). So its probably new motherboard time if you want vdpau.