[mythtvnz] File System for RAID-5

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Thu Jun 18 01:57:21 BST 2009

Thanks Steve. RAID1 with LVM will give me what I need, I was just hoping for
RAID 1+0 so I could also get the performance gain, which may be handy if I
end up with three frontends all watching and recording HD at the same time.
If I had three RAID1 arrays as per Tim's email, and then put RAID0 over the
top, could I subsequently add in another RAID1 pair as per Tim's directions,
and then grow the RAID0 across the extra RAID1 pair without having to
backup? I guess in short I'm asking can you currently add disks/partitions
to a RAID0 automatically without loss of data? I find many conflicting
answers on the net.