[mythtvnz] Welcome to the "mythtvnz" mailing list

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 01:34:25 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:56 AM, LEGGE, GAVIN (GAVIN) <
legge at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> > join the list, it would be nice if you would post a brief "new to
> > list" message introducing yourself. Cheers.
> >

> OK, here you go.
>
> I'm a linuxmce user trying to get DVB-T working for freeview in NZ, based
> in wellington.
> After much mucking about, I have come to the point where I can get a
> picture on most channels (some cause a crash), but no sound on any. Which
> means I only use my linux MCE box for watching material from the hard drive.
> I understand there may be a patch available for the sound, but am not sure
> how to apply it on linuxmce.

Welcome aboard.

I looked at the linuxmce source code a while ago and it seemed to be based
on an older version of myth than 0.21-fixes. Therefore I doubt that any of
the current patches will apply cleanly. I could be wrong or way out of date
on that though. Perhaps you should be asking the linuxmce devs to add the
changes to their source tree.

> Also, I'd like to investigate the hardware acceleration (NVIDIA), I'm
> unsure if my card will support it, but believe it should be capable of the
> older purevideo (nvidia's hardware acceleration PRE VDPAU (Video Decode and
> Presentation API for Unix)), this would be great as when I can see a DVB-T
> freeview picture on my screen, it's not very smooth, and I'm sure that
> offloading decoding to the video card would help. I'm pretty sure my video
> card is to old to do VDPAU.

Tell us what the card is and we can advise. But purevideo is NOT available
on linux and a card that can do purevideo on windows cannot necessarily do
vdpau on linux.

Same comment on the vdpau patches too, I doubt that they will apply cleanly
to linuxmce source, but you never know!