[mythtvnz] File System for RAID-5

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Wed Jun 17 19:47:53 BST 2009

I've set up a trial RAID 1+0 using Tim's layout as below, and it's all fine. I
have one last question.

Tim, using your setup, if I am running RAID 1+0 then will it be possible to
add another disk later on without having to back all the data up first? (I'd
try it, but don't have a spare disk to hand). Could I add in drive D as per
your example, and then automatically grow the RAID 0 across the top? I have
not been able to find a definitive answer on this on the net.

Same goes for RAID10,F2 - if I go this route can I just automatically grow the
system with an extra disk later on?

Thanks for your help.