[mythtvnz] VDPAU Video Card

Daniel Holt dmholt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:12:45 BST 2009

Thanks for the useful comments here. From what I've seen, it looks like a
9400 motherboard or discrete card may well be adequate, but a 9500 is
probably a safer bet, and may provide one or two options with de-interlacing
that the 9400 could struggle with.  If I had a 9400 motherboard or discrete
card I'd think hard before upgrading it, but for a new set-up I may as well
go with the 9500GT.  As far as memory goes, 512 MB seems to be the minimum
for a 9500GT, here in NZ at least, so I won't think too hard about whether I
could get away with 256 MB.  Also available fanless, which is a bonus.

Cheers,

Daniel