[mythtvnz] File System for RAID-5

james at booths.net.nz james at booths.net.nz
Mon Jun 15 03:30:36 BST 2009

Having just had a near-death experience with my non-RAID LVM system
for Myth, I am about to convert everything to a RAID-5 setup (software
RAID) with LVM on top. Before I go ahead does anyone have any
recommendations on best choice of file system to use, given that it
will be within LVM on RAID-5? I was going to go with XFS, but that
cannot be shrunk, which (as I have found) can be very irritating when
trying to reorganise your disks in an LVM. I know there are a bunch of
hot new file systems out now, but I? wary of trying something new in
an a setup like this.