[mythtvnz] downgrade to 180.xxx & JYA instructions

Brett Miller blmiller at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Jun 14 10:18:00 BST 2009

Hi all,
Just joined this mailing list..

Jean Y Avenard's instructions did not work for me..
(this guy is a legend in the making)

Had to:
- remove his repos from synaptic (Ubuntu 8.10).
- reload synaptic.
- re-import JYA's key & repos into synaptic.
This happened because there is some error with his repository ?

Live TV (h.264) is now rubbish, completely unusable with sound broken up &
delayed.
Live TV decoding did not work with 185.14.xx for me & colour was all wrong.
Playback of recorded HD720p was almost faultless.

Two months ago Mythtv was almost working (LiveTV Freeview H.264), I wish I
could get back to an older version..

Try the "qvdpautest" utility to test (obviously) vdpau & nvidia hardware..

Regards,
Brett