[mythtvnz] Channel change stability issues with MythTV andVDPAU in NZ

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 09:56:43 BST 2009

185.x has been very unstable for me and others ; my machine keeps freezing.
> so I put back 180.x in the release directory ; you'll have to follow
> those instructions
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Entries/2009/6/10_How_to_downgrade_to_nVidia_drivers_180.xx.html
>
> It's very simple. Same procedure as upgrading from 180.x to 185.x..
>
> If you use testing, you'll find the same packages but build for 185.xx
>
> Jean-Yves

Bummer.  I thought that the playback was improved using this driver on
my machine, probably with the fixes to the powermizer.  I've reverted
though and will wait for a more stable version.

I think someone noted that the stability of the Nova T 500 card was good
in Ubuntu 8.10 (which was my experience) but now seems to be having some
issues.  In what packages are the drivers etc for this card or is there
a way to see if anything has changed with the upgrade to Jaunty?  Is
there an easy way to revert to Intrepid to see if the problem goes away?