[mythtvnz] Channel change stability issues with MythTV andVDPAU in NZ

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 01:47:56 BST 2009

Hi Aaron,

Did you ever get this sorted?  I am having the same issues.

System breakdown:

Ubuntu 9.04 AMD-64
JYA's Jaunty release repository only (no testing or bleeding)
nvidia-glx-185 - version 185.18.14-0ubuntu3
nvidia-185-libvdpau - version 185.18.14-0ubuntu3
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 hardware

If I click mark all upgrades in synaptic I get the following:
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/412/20090612-vef7-41kb

Update Manager keeps offering upgrades but says it can only perform a
partial upgrade:
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/412/20090612-yvoh-97kb

So it looks like synaptic is wanting to update everything including what
update manager isn't willing to (libmyth and mplayer) but its trying to
revert the vdpau and nvidia driver to version 180!  Looking in Synaptic
it wants to convert from version
1:0.21.0+fixes-20674-openglvdpau-0ubuntu0 to
1:0.21.0+fixes-20674-openglvdpau-0ubuntu3 for each of the changes.

Here is the list of changes (note click the zoom link on the page to
make it legible):
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/412/20090612-ls1f-168kb

I'd like to stay using v185 of the nvidia driver but if the version of
myth in JYAs release repository is not compatible with this driver
should I switch to using the testing repository?

Ross
PS hope the links to images work, a picture is worth a thousand words