[mythtvnz] Problems with Hauppauge Win Nova T 500

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Wed Jun 10 02:30:25 BST 2009

2009/6/10 Ross and Jemima Knudsen <ross.jemima at gmail.com>

> > First thing I would try is powering off the machine. A cold start may
> > be what it needs to reload the firmware.
> >
> > Yeah I've tried rebooting a number of times and it makes little
> difference.  dmesg seems to load the firmware ok but when trying to access
> live tv everything goes pearshaped.

A cold start means that the computer is turned off at the wall (or the power
cable is physically disconnected from the comptuer). Usually for at least 10
seconds (so that it can discharge any on board power). I've noticed the
problem sometimes when I reboot (and I have the Nova-T 500), and a cold
start fixes it.

Haven't rebooted the machine in a wee while now.

  -- simon