[mythtvnz] MHEG fix for freeview HD

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Fri Jun 5 00:32:35 BST 2009

If I understand all this correctly and to summarise, on Freeview|HD there is
not a full EPG data stream to populate our "week ahead" of programme guide
in Mythtv? On Satellite Freeview, however, there is full information. I
currently have only the satellite dish going and have viewed the MHEG data
on that. (though not at the moment apparently)
If I set up a machine with mixed Satellite and HD sources, can I use the EIT
off the dish for all program guide data?

Regards
Barry
And a PS, one of my previous issues with the dvd came down to the wrong
device set (/dev/dvd instead of /dev/dvd1)

2009/5/27 Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 10:20 am, Aaron Drysdale wrote:
> > Looks cool. Any reason why I would want to use the Freeview MHEG-5 EPG,
> > over the Mythtv EPG?  I assume that the information present is the same
> > data available over EIT?
> >

> On freeview|HD the EIT information only provides now/next.
>
> Plus you can't program via the MHEG-5 EPG (yet)

Barry Clearwater
Managing director
BC Systems Consultancy Limited
18 Shaw Street