[mythtvnz] USB DVB-S

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:13:03 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:17 PM, criggie <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Maybe - it all comes down to effective linux drivers.
> I got one of those cheap genius ones, and while it worked under XP, it
> needed significant CPU to drive.  A P4M was just not enough, and forget
> making it go in Linux.
>
> Also Nick's friend will need to have his backend powered up and dish
> aimed whenever something's on which is to be recorded

I don't think he moves about a lot, its just that space is limited.

I do know you can get quite sophisticated sat dishes for caravans that
pop up and point themselves at the satellite automagically.

He was thinking of something like a eee box, which I believe has no pci slot.

Not sure about drivers for the one on trademe. Not even a brand name
mentioned IIRC.