[mythtvnz] HVR3000

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Mon Jun 1 21:22:44 BST 2009

Hi Barry

I've got a HVR3000 in my Jaunty box.  With 9.04 the drivers are built in
but it won't work straight away with Jean-Yves repositories, it probably
will with Paul Kendall's repositories though as last time I tried them
(running Ubuntu 8.04/8.10 with HVR3000 driver patch) he had a multi
front end patch that worked.

I can get DVB-T to work with Jean-Yves repositories by creating a second
dvb directory and then creating appropriately named links within it to
the dvb-t device on the appropriate front end (ie new links named
frontend0 etc all pointing to the frontend1 etc).  This is a major pain
in the butt though as every time I reboot I have to re-create the
directory and links and then go into the backend and rescan the channels
- there's probably a way around this but I'm still relatively new to
Linux so still learning.

Regards
Mark