[mythtvnz] Trouble with Technotrend S-1401 DVB-S

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Fri Jul 31 00:32:50 BST 2009

On Fri, July 31, 2009 11:06 am, Stuart Whelan wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, it was good just to see all the info for another
> card
> and compare it.
>
> For the others on the list:
>
> Is it likely my problem is actually my LNB? That it worked just enough
> with my SkyStar2, but not my Technotrend?
>
> Is there any way I could test this without buying another LNB?
>
> If I buy another LNB, should I go for a 'strong dual 10.75 like at
> http://lincrad.co.nz/productorder.php?product_id=406
>
> Any advice would be most apprecated.

I've got a dual output LNB I've been using with a pair of SkyStar2 cards
and recently I was playing with a bunch of STBs. Some of the STBs could
power the LNB and some of them wouldn't.

I then tried with some other 11300 and 10750 single output LNBs that point
at other satellites and I didn't have a single issue.

Hence I'm wondering if my dual output unit is on the way out.

If I did replace it the Lincrad unit about would be a good bet if you want
to play with H+V.

steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR