[mythtvnz] SBS on Optus D1

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Thu Jul 30 09:47:18 BST 2009

2009/7/30 Rama Madhusudhan <mrama at orcon.net.nz>

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone noticed this or tried?
> http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/forum/index.php/topic,1011.0.html

Haven't tried it (I live in Australia so get SBS anyway!) Two things I'll
point out to help you:

SBS 3 and SBS4 are just rebroadcasts of SBS One. The only HD content that
SBS One HD has ever shown in the Ashes cricket. Everything else is just
upscaled from the SD channel (including all local content).

SBS broadcast in the vertical polarity, while Freeview and Sky Digital are
horizontal. This means that you won't be able to use the same dish to watch
SBS and a NZ satellite channel at the same time.

HTH.

  -- simon