[mythtvnz] Zotac ION ATOM boot device recommendation / opinions

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 05:07:56 BST 2009

Now that I have a HD frontend working with VDPAU I'm looking at building a new frontend using a Zotac Ion board.

It seems that there are at least 4 options for a boot device:

Network booting  - but this seems too complicated for my simple mind

Using a standard hard drive

Using a laptop drive and appropriate adapter.

Using a CF card and appropriate adapter

I would like to minimise power and noise, so I lean toward the CF card, however, I read that you can wear out the flash with too many writes, so this may not be the best long term solution.

I'd appreciate any thoughts / opinions on the subject.