[mythtvnz] OT: recording from VHS

Jim Cheetham jim at inode.co.nz
Mon Jul 20 02:34:58 BST 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Hadley Rich<hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 17:20 +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:
>> What hardware would be good to get that would help me record from the
>> player? I only have DVB-S cards at the moment ...
>
> A PVR150 is ideal. You can then just plug in the VHS and
> `cat /dev/video0 > my-vhs.mpg`

It's been fun watching the conversation :-)

But I have to ask again: can anyone identify or preferably recommend
something that will take RCA and deliver results over USB2 (that runs
under Linux)? The only devices I've found so far only list Windows
support, which leads me to suspect that they are doing too much magic
in software ...

-jim