[mythtvnz] List Format Convention?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 09:35:28 BST 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Tortise<tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Hads has a good point in "Try to stick with the quoting style, it's hard to
> follow the conversation when it jumps all over the place."
>
> Is there a defined / preferred list convention?
>
> Personally I prefer to avoid zillions of ">" because if one copies something
> one might want to edit them all out...

bottom posting, or inline if several points need individual replies.
No top posting. Plin text preferred. Quoting in any of the usual
formats, > is the most normal and should be used when possible.

There are programs that will parse the quote prefixes out of something
if you want send it somewhere else. I used to have some program that
did that on windows, useful to read joke emails that had been
forwarded a zillion times and ended up with a zillion > at the start
of every line.

Dave I note your posts are often badly formatted, with line breaks in
funny places. Not sure why, what MUA are you using?

Nick.