[mythtvnz] DVB cards changing

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Fri Jul 17 23:22:51 BST 2009

Hello,

I wouldn't have thought the composite would make a difference - the
PVR150 has a variety of inputs, but still is only one device node for me.

As Jason says (and he did write the script), it should work to go into
MythTV backend setup when the card is working and see what /dev/ path
the Nova-S card is using.  Then type (assuming it is video0):

sudo python udev-rules-jaunty.py   /dev/video0   /dev/video_novas

Then go back into MythTV Backend Setup and change the device node from
/debv/video0 to /dev/video_novas.  As Jason says, the video0 and video1
will still change, so you need to use the ones that you created (which
will not change) to point MythTV and any LIRC stuff to.  Then do the
same for your video1.

LIRC is a pain, but is more difficult with moving tuner cards - try
again once you have a static device node.

(Sorry about the name in the copyright, Jason, I couldn't find your real
one anywhere!)

Regards,

Aaron