[mythtvnz] DVB cards changing

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Fri Jul 17 03:40:26 BST 2009

Jason, thanks for this. I have only a cursory understanding of the udev
rules, can you give me an example for using your script. I have a
/dev/video0 and /dev/video1 device which are pointed to by
/dev/v4l/by-path/pci-0000:01:06.0-video-index0  and index1  symlinks.
I've found /lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-v4l.rules but I'm not sure which
two devices I'm telling your script about - the script asks for an old
device and new device.
In mythtv-setup, i've got dvb devices 0-3  which keep changing (don't know
how they are referenced!) I'm typing all this to try and document it better
for the next "bloke" who thinks he knows what hes doing :-) So thanks for
the script, just need a wee nudge.
Regards
Barry

Barry Clearwater