[mythtvnz] DVB cards changing

krizze at bluezone.no krizze at bluezone.no
Thu Jul 16 12:33:24 BST 2009

> I have a second problem, same system. I have two Hauppauge Nova S cards
> and
> a dual Nova T. The cards keep changing their assignments, eg DVBS0 becomes
> the Nova T then after a reboot becomes the Nova S.
> Can't figure this one out but it sure stuffs up myth.
> I also have problems trying to tune one of the nova T, sometimes it just
> sits there and won't tune, other times it flys through.
> Aaargh! Help anyone?
One way would be to blacklist the kernel modules the cards are using
(/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist afaik). Then you can manually modprobe them in
order during bootup, e.g. in /etc/rc.local:
modprobe module-of-card-1 options=xxx
modprobe module-of-card-2 options=xxx

I also have problems with tuning on my Nova-T-500, it just stands there
with no lock, and 0 signal. After a reboot it's OK again, for a cople of
hours, if i'm lucky. Guess it's broken or something.

Regards,
Kristian Haga Karstensen