[mythtvnz] Problems connecting to database

james at booths.net.nz james at booths.net.nz
Sat Jul 11 07:50:46 BST 2009

After much frustration I ended up manually resetting the MySQL admin
password and mythtv user name and password, and everything else I
could think of, rerunning all the myth configs, and now it works (at
least my combined unit does). Never had any problems with this before,
though I also upgraded MySQL at the same time as MythTV - is this
something that tends to happen when upgrading MySQL? Any comments
welcome, as I am really not sure what went wrong, just fixed it
through blind hacking.

----- Forwarded message from james at booths.net.nz -----