[mythtvnz] Going cold turkey (was: MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester)

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 06:06:34 BST 2009

From: Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>
To: MythTV in NZ <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, 6 July, 2009 4:57:33 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Going cold turkey (was: MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester)

> News and >current affairs can be chewed through at x2.25 speed with no loss of signal/noise in the reportage (probably an improvement in >fact).
 How do you watch at a faster pace? I’ve read about this, but not sure how to do it. I record the news every night and watch it once my young kids are in bed. Would definitely we convenient to watch this at a faster rate.

Aaron

Push M for menu while watching then scroll down to the time stretch (I think that is what is called, it should be obvious) item and choose your speed.

I use HD exclusively and I can't go faster than 1.5 without quite bad noise, but even at 1.5 it is a great feature especially for the news.