[mythtvnz] MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 08:50:02 BST 2009

Hi

2009/7/1 Ross and Jemima Knudsen <ross.jemima at gmail.com>:
> I've got 2.6.27-7 and 2.6.27-14 the latter of which is a security
> update.  I can boot to either from the Grub menu and it doesn't make a
> difference which one I use.  So I'm guessing the problem must lie
> elsewhere.  The firmwares for this device are included in the kernel
> package aren't they?

They never are...
kernels have nothing to do with firmware for a given hardware.

According to MythTV
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI

"All necessary module/firmware files are provided by the "restricted
drivers" packages. "

If using 8.10, I've created v4l-dvb drivers that are much newer than
the one that comes with Ubuntu 8.10, they are in the "bleeding"
directory.
You could try those.