[mythtvnz] DVB-T was Hardware advice

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 02:50:13 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Brett Davidson <brett at davidson.gen.nz> wrote:
> Howdy Nick.
>
> I have just purchased one of these :
> http://www.globespec.co.nz/product.php?PID=21832
>
> I am intending this (and the machine it will live in) to run Myth - yes, I am finally taking the plunge into MythTV! :-)
>
> I have a dual DVB-T/Analogue card (Hauppage PVR-2200) and a grunty CPU so am wanting to do HD-TV recording, watch my DVDs, watch Terrestrial Prime, etc.
>
> Anything fancy I need to do to get all of this to work?
>
> It appears from a very casual browse that getting HD to work properly is going to take some compilation. Does that mean I would be best to add MythTV over the top of Ubuntu or can I customise the Mythbuntu installation to support HD and still have it track updates, etc?

This probably deserves a new thread.

You should probably use the ppa set up by Paul Kendall. See this
thread for more info:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/352416

That should get you working IF (big IF) your CPU is grunty enough.
Alternatively your GPU would help if vdpau can be made to work at the
same time as Paul's patches.

Now the question arises, can Paul's patches AND VDPAU co-exist in
0.21? Can there be some merge between Paul's patches and Jean-Yves?