[mythtvnz] Hardeware advice

Brett Davidson brett at davidson.gen.nz
Wed Jan 28 02:07:54 GMT 2009

Howdy Nick.

I have just purchased one of these :
http://www.globespec.co.nz/product.php?PID=21832

I am intending this (and the machine it will live in) to run Myth - yes, I am finally taking the plunge into MythTV! :-)

I have a dual DVB-T/Analogue card (Hauppage PVR-2200) and a grunty CPU so am wanting to do HD-TV recording, watch my DVDs, watch Terrestrial Prime, etc.

Anything fancy I need to do to get all of this to work?

It appears from a very casual browse that getting HD to work properly is going to take some compilation. Does that mean I would be best to add MythTV over the top of Ubuntu or can I customise the Mythbuntu installation to support HD and still have it track updates, etc?

Cheers,
Brett.