[mythtvnz] Hardeware advice

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 23:24:18 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, January 28, 2009 10:37 am, Nick Rout wrote:
>> Can anyone point to a low profile fanless PCIe nvidia card based on
>> 8xxx or 9xxx chipset, pref with 512M RAM, available in NZ?
>>
>> (Yes I want to build a vdpau box, it has been unoffcially backported
>> to 0.21-fixes http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/367958)
>>

> Nice..
>
> I see that the ticket to backport it officially to 0.21 got closed without
> applying.
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6182
>
> Steve

If you read the ticket and the email to the -user list it is clear
that there was never an intention for a formal backport to the
official fixes tree (which is only for fixes). The issues are
discussed in the thread and I tend to agree that Jean-Yves' work is
useful to people who want to try VDPAU without moving to trunk, but
will never be an offical part of 0.21-fixes. Its "use at your risk"
material!

The closure of the ticket, while in some ways disappointing in that it
stops those adventurous souls from following changes to the backport,
is understandable. As I say the issues are discussed in the thread :)
Closure of the ticket does NOT imply that the code doesn't work - it
clearly does.