[mythtvnz] TGUI 9660/938x/968x

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 22:28:49 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 7:16 AM, matthew pearce <pearce.mg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> I was wanting to use the composite/s-video out to drive a TV. Is this
> >> possible and if so how would I go about it.
> >
> > Like the answer already pointed at says, man trident
> >

> but really you are probably better with a more modern card, especially
> nvidia.

I'll second that. TV out quality has improved a lot over the years - when I
first set up my Myth box about 4 years ago I tried an old GeForce Ti4200 and
the output was much worse than the GeForce 5200 I ended up using. Those
trident cards are much older so I wouldn't be surprised if the video quality
was very bad.

Cheers,