[mythtvnz] Is anyone sucessfully using an XBOX as a myth frontend?

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Mon Jan 19 04:34:26 GMT 2009

I have an Xbox working OK. I gave up on the MythTV frontend very early on
(it was just too sluggish) and installed XBMC. Live TV is prone to
occasional crashes if you try to rewind, but recordings are fine.  There's a
difference in stability when I'm playing stuff recorded off the analgue card
versus digital freeview programmes (analogue is more stable) but its not a
major issue. Dont try HD.

If you can tell me what settings you are unsure about, I'll try to help. I
guess 'stuttering' could be due to anything wrong on the network connection.
And I think everything is streamed directly from the backend so if the
backend is stressed out, you might get problems.