[mythtvnz] Getting DVB-T working under Linux

Jean-Francois Pirus jfp at clearfield.com
Fri Jan 16 08:30:15 GMT 2009

> * It works under xine - sort of. I can get TV3 to work with both video and
> audio, but with the rest of the channels I only get video (I noticed TV3
> uses a different audio codec).

The short version is that TV3 transmits the following:
Video: H.264 1080i
Audio1: AC3 (The standard stuff you find on DVD)
Audio2: AAC_LATM (Unsupported unless you have patched)

TV1 and TV2
Video: H.264 720p
Audio: AAC_LATM (Unsupported unless you have patched)

So until you have got patches/updates for your programs you won't get any
sound out the TV1 or 2.

Jean-Francois Pirus     <jfp at clearfield.com>           Technical Manager
Phone (+64-9)  358 2081                          Clearfield Software Ltd
Fax   (+64-9)  358 2083                    1st Floor 8-10 Whitaker Place
Mob   (+64-21) 640 779                P O Box 3901 Auckland, New Zealand