[mythtvnz] Question about how XMLTV and tv_grab_nz-py work

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 23:34:03 GMT 2009

Hi,

thanks to Hayden, I have managed to get my epg working. Now I want to make some mods and set up different video sources for different input connections.

Right now I have the epg working using the the tv_grab_nz-py grabber. and the following instructions from Hayden.

In the backend Channel Setup give each channel a xmlid
tv1.freeviewnz.tv
tv2.freeviewnz.tv...

	1. install xmltv (sudo apt-get install xmltv)

	2. copy the tv_grab_nz.py to  /usr/bin/tv_grab_nz-py
	3. make sure the script can be run as a program
	4. In the backend go to Video Sources and create a new one
	5. Copy the attached file (satellite.tvnz.xmltv) to $HOME/.mythtv/TVNZ.xmltv

	6. xmltv should search for new scripts and find the NZ one, select that one
	7. you might have to alt-tab to get to the setup program, go in there and exit out.  You dont need to go through it.
	8. Now run in a terminal tv_grab_nz-py --config-file home/&&your home path&&/.mythtv/TVNZ.xmltvThis gets the epg data from pvrgeek using the freeview listings - at least I think that is how it works.

Questions I have are:

1. How do I add Prime to the epg data?
2. I want to set up a capture card that only receives Prime via a Sky Box (I have sky box that only gives me Prime - special deal available if you do not get Prime clearly via UHF -you pay a 1 time only fee for the installation and the STB) So I need a video source which only has Prime,but I still need my other video source with all free to air channels. So the question is how do I set up different video sources using the same grabber?
3.    Although I followed Hayden's instructions and they worked I'd really like to know how they worked. Eg what effect does the TVNZ.xmltv file have. How does the grabber use this info to grab the correct channels. Will Mythdatabase run automatically to retrieve new epg data or do I stillhave to make a setting somewhere.

I also want to give a big thanks to all those out there who have providede these great tools which make MyhtTv workin NZ

Cheers

Steve

      Get the world's best email - http://nz.mail.yahoo.com/